Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

Feedback Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback Thread

I thought it would be a good idea to start a feedback thread here to help other members decided whether they should buy or sell from other members on this board. I would like to start out by saying that Hardtop Guy is a great seller. He has helped me with parts I needed and had great communication with him.
Old 11-17-2002, 04:41 AM

Actually I was thinking about suggesting a feedback FORUM as part of the marketplace section. That way feedback could be posted on individuals, business, ebay, etc. It would also give a chance for the other side to respond...
Old 11-17-2002, 06:17 AM

With the rash of bad sellers, I think this would be a great idea.
Old 11-17-2002, 07:38 AM
Former Moderator

I agree great idea.

I'll sticky this thread for now
Old 11-17-2002, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great idea....I buy/sell often from the board, and I've think that this had been needed for awhile.
Hardtop guy: GREAT
Rick: GREAT...really goes the extra mile for customers
Muz: good service, takes awhile with shipping.
Import Development: good overall, order took sometime, but good communication
Old 11-17-2002, 08:06 AM

I made that same suggestion a couple months ago after hearing about a couple people from this board getting ripped off. The RX7Club forum has a "seller feedback" section in their marketplace. It works very well. Crooked sellers will always find ways around such a system, but it does build confidence in legit sellers. You've got my vote, let's get one started.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:48 AM

sounds like a great idea, is there a way to tie in existing ebay feedback to our board. Would help with buyers/sellers past

Mitch
Old 11-17-2002, 11:11 AM

This is a great Idea!!!!
Old 11-18-2002, 09:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolutely, do it, when do we start?

I will definitely make use of it, both to provide my own experiences, and to review before making purchases.

How do we present the "seller ratings"? Just posting comments takes too long to review. And the ebay thing of "as long as the good outweigh the bad" is not enough information, at least for me.

How about a table with seller's "handle" or business name on the left (alphabetical), and column's for "Good", "Bad" , and "Ugly" (j/k, but you get the picture). The table would keep a running total of how many buyers have voted for "Good" or "Bad" or whatever ratings we decide on. There aslo should be an indicator of how long the seller has been a board member, if they are a site sponsor, maybe how many "Group Buy and For Sale" threads they have initiated.

Would it be hard to list how many non-GB&FS threads the seller has been active in? That would let us know this guy is a long-standing active participant, and may give him more credibility even if he has never sold anything before, (especially useful to newbies).

So buyers need a way to "vote" in several categories (communication, promptness, service, product as advertised, etc) and maybe put in a comment. Should they be able to edit their vote/comment?
Old 11-18-2002, 11:19 AM

Excellent idea. I have purchased from several people, two commercial, two private and have had no problems, but knowing the experience of others would be most helpful. For the time being, I agree w/ the positive comment about hardtopguy.
A solid 10 of 10.

Quick Reply: Feedback Thread