The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Goodwood (UK) Festival of Speed 2004

Old 06-29-2004, 07:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Goodwood (UK) Festival of Speed 2004

Once again Lord March's annual garden party presented one jaw dropping sight after another.

Rolls-Royce was the featured manufacturer and responsible for the 'instalation' in front of Goodwood house. Prior to the Festival I struggled to think what RR and speed had in common - I automatically think racing car / supercar - but of course RR provided engines for many speed record attemps in the 20's and 30's. Real (not mock-ups) vehicles fetured where Sir Malcom Campbell's Bluebird (1st car to break the 300mph barrier) and K3 boat (set word water speed record at over 130mph) and the Supermarine sea plane (which evolved into the Supermarine Spitfire)

Sundry Rollers where scattered about the grounds, 2 of the more interesting where the John Lennon psychedelic car (rear seats converted to a bed!!!)

And the 2004 concept car - the bonnet is milled from a single block of aluminium (including all those nice 'crissy'-crossy bits!) and is truly a work of art:

Over the weekend a number of RR engined planes provided great entertainment - including a South African airways 747 which flew disturbingly low and was hurled about with some vigour!!!!!

The supercar paddock featured much mouth watering machinery and sage words from that great philosopher Clarkeson (Jeremy Clarkeson is a well known motoring journalist in the UK.......he is one of the few who loves the S2000!):

Chequered Carrera GT:

TVR Sagaris (Sagaris is apparently an axe wielding greek godess!!!)

Featuring a very handy magazine rack:

Mc-Merc SLR
Old 06-29-2004, 07:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Lambo Murcielago was stacked mightily at Molecomb on Sunday (one of the unique things about Goodwood is that you can not only see and touch the Supercars, but they are also driven very fast - Molcomb is one of the corners on the hill course they drive up)- photo's to come (35mm!) - the driver put 2 wheels on the grass entering the corner and then the Lambo understeered ito the straw bails - the impact was hard enough to deploy multiple air bags and make a right mess of the front end!

Mars...........the home of cars of the future:

Would you trust Renault to make a car that flies????????!!!!

I though this was brilliant - 1:1 scale airfix kit of a Senna F1 car......components from a real car, raced by the man himself:

F1 machinery, old and new was much in evidence as ever (the F1 boys - especially Button, Panis and Pizzonia put on a fantasic show on Sunday...35mm pic's later!):

Rear of the 1999 Ferrari - the one which cooked its rear suspension forcing MS to retire from the Monaco GP - see gold insulation and temperature sensors put on upper wishbones after this incident.

Jacques Villeneuve in the Ferrari his father drove to victory in the 1973 Canadian GP - Jacques said it was a 'once in a lifetime experience' to drive his fathers car wearing his fathers helmet. In his 2nd run up the hill, he reverted to his own helmet.

Jacques 'Dimples' Villeneuve

Also featured at this years festival where 1960's 'Fuel Altered' dragsters, Burning Nitro-Methane, pumping out 3000bhp and emiting 'tear gas' as exhaust gas, these are terrifyingly violent and loud machines - I stood next to 'Nanook' as it was fired up in the pits and I am quite sure I have further knackered my hearing!!!

More smoke:

Is it suposed to do that?????:

Chavtastic wing on a Plymouth Superbird:

S2000 simulator of the Honda stand;

John Surtees pushed out of the pits by a scarily Germanic fellow (look at that hat!!) in the glorious Merc W154

'Babs' - the only car present (that I am aware of) that ripped its drivers head off (the unfortunate John Parry-Thomas)! The car was buried on Pendine sands for 50 years before being exhumed in the 1960's and restored. Engine -just the 27ltrs!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 08:12 AM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

koenigseggegeeeegegeggegeggegegg!!!!!!!!

that senna model kit is awesome!

more pix pls!
Old 06-29-2004, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bkw
koenigseggegeeeegegeggegeggegegg!!!!!!!!

that senna model kit is awesome!

more pix pls!

I love that car!
I wonder why is not so popular?
Old 06-29-2004, 09:15 AM

these are some bad ass pics.. great job! and thanks!
Old 06-29-2004, 09:51 AM

nice
Old 06-29-2004, 11:24 AM

Old 06-29-2004, 12:37 PM

S2000 simulator! THAT IS AWESOME!!!
Thanks for the pics!

~Andrew
Old 06-29-2004, 01:02 PM
Banned

what's the S2000 simulator like?
Old 06-29-2004, 03:16 PM

that is a bad ass pics man. thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Goodwood (UK) Festival of Speed 2004