UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2k vs RS6

Old 05-17-2004, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2k vs RS6

ok I have to confess to a lapse into Rice Boy mode last night

On the A4 in Slough (the fastest stretch of road for RiceBoys this side of Southend)

at the lights with an RS6, both giving it some, and to big up the S he couldn't overtake me
to be fair he was on my wing because all I could hear was his turbo whistling, but where
he was struggling was with the gears, the best thing in th S's favour is that it can hold a gear so long
so I did less gear changes with gave me the bit extra time on him
And he certainly was going for it with the bur-bur-bur-bur-bur drone as his engine rumbled on the
rev limiter

at the third set of lights we had that typical short but sweet RiceBoy converstation

him "Is it moddified"
me "no it's standard"
him <approving nod> "It's quick"
me <second approving nod>
Old 05-17-2004, 01:11 AM

are you sure it was an RS6 - and not a nice turbo diesel?

if it was an RS6 then he must have been a crap driver - an RS6 should really leave the S standing around scratching it's ass with it's 450 BHP AWD.

i love my S but it has it's limits - and an RS6 should be well above those limits.

good job if it was an RS6 though.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:11 AM

He obviously can't drive, the RS6 will destroy an S2k at any speed, it can get to 60 in 4.8 secs and 120mph in 12 seconds, there should be no reason except bottle and situation to why he could not get past. The RS6 has also got proper Quattro 4WD (not Haldex IIRC), and the S is crap from the lights.

I tried to have a go with an SL55 AMG a few months ago and to say I got whooped would be an understatement, and my car really could not have gone any faster.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:14 AM

Nice run, if it was an RS6

You should hear an Evo 7 FQ300 hit the limiter - bloody funny as hell - pop pop pop fart fart pop
Old 05-17-2004, 01:17 AM

bona fide RS6

I totally agree that he should of beat me, and he was trying, if we had carried on any longer
then he would of been way ahead of me as the speeds came up but from a standing start
he couldn't overtake

he prob had a washing machine or a small house in the boot I didn't check!
Old 05-17-2004, 02:15 AM

I spent half a day with a RS6 a few months ago, and believe me, if you'd had a go with me from a standing start, you'd have got well shafted. No disrespect to the S2K though: that's why I've got one instead of a RS6. A RS6 would, I must admit, make a bloody reasonable second car!!

LH
Old 05-17-2004, 02:56 AM

with the above comments, if it was a bona fide RS6 he was either a crap driver or there was a fault with his car. Very few cars outside of Maranello and Stuttgart would keep pace with one in a straight line.

Throw some corners in and it might be different though
Old 05-17-2004, 04:21 AM

Originally posted by Neil.H
with the above comments, if it was a bona fide RS6 he was either a crap driver or there was a fault with his car. Very few cars outside of Maranello and Stuttgart would keep pace with one in a straight line.

Throw some corners in and it might be different though
I have to agree as well!...... I had an RS6 on loan for the May bank holiday weekend and did around 600 miles in it. Either the guy had a big problem with his car or he had plonked an RS6 badge on his A6 turbo diesel!

We went off to South Wales (Brecon Beacons) to thrash..... sorry test the RS6 properly and it was VERY impressive!. Apart from the possible explanation above an S2000 would be eaten alive by the RS6 from a standing or a rolling start..... its also fairly fool proof to drive in full auto you mash your foot to the floor and you watch everyone else get smaller in your rear view mirror!..... even in paddle shift mode you can't really mess up because it will upshift automatically if you over rev. As an example a Boxster S had a go...... the RS6 left him for dead......

As for a few bends making a difference..... to some extent I'd agree but where the S may close up under braking and round the bend the RS6 would be away once past the apex as its traction control, 4WD and massive torque give it a huge advantage out of the corner. Every time we go to South Wales (visiting family) I make a point of seeking out some of the more twisty roads (eg. EVO test route the B4560 or the superb A4059) to give the S a workout...... on the twisty A4059 the S is very quick but again I don't think it could match the RS6s pace. On one blat down the A4059 I spotted a couple of bikers behind me so slowed down to let them pass (also to see if I could keep up )...... they could not shake me and in the end waved me past!!!!

I posted on the Street Encounters forum to see if any of our septic friends had any stories:

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...9&highlight=rs6
Old 05-17-2004, 04:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been for a ride in a friends RS6 and any straight line acceleration competition between the Audi and an S is a forgone conclusion.

Audi 1, Honda 0.

No contest.