S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Free mugen shift knob(silver) for your help

Old 04-05-2003, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free mugen shift knob(silver) for your help

if anyone can send a good description on how to remove hid ballasts and hid bulbs from the headlight housings and a picture of your gasket(#7) in this pic: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimg...13S2A01_B08.gif
and how it installs inbetween the ballasts and the housing( the reason is, im missing mine and i ordered a set from honda but doesnt look any like the picture)...also...it doesnt require removing your headlights....you just gotta remove your bumper and remove the ballast from there and take pictures.....the first person to pm and and do this for me....ill send you a mugen shift knob(silver, slightly stratched on top, mugen logo looks tight, great for people who holds knob in gun grip) and pay for the shipping....please....help!!!!
Old 04-05-2003, 11:32 PM

also....this knob tightens onto your shift lever perfectly showing the mugen logo perfectly straight.....talk about quality in the threading..... and it also leaves no gap inbetween the knob and shiftboot which looks very tight and secure....if you dont want the knob....i can give you 20 bucks! i think this is a good deal....20 bucks for 15 min(those who have no problem removing the front bumper) of your time....help....i want to hurry and install my gaskets so i can install my jdm's....i also dont want to end up having fogged up headlights by not inserting the gasket.....
Old 04-06-2003, 05:48 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude that just goes around the rim of the opening. Pics up in five minutes.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:59 AM
Former Moderator

Old 04-06-2003, 06:31 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

1. Remove the rubber cap over the High beam bulb (Part Number 10).
2.There is a metal clip that holds the high beam bulb in place. Release the clip and remove the bulb. Take care no to touch the bulbs with you bare hands. The oils from your skin will damage the bulb. Set bulb aside.

Security Screw Removal T25
3. Remove the "Security Torx 25" screw holding the "Danger High voltage" cover in place. If you don't have a "Security Torx 25" screw driver, just use a set of pliers to remove it.

HID Cover Removal
4. Remove the "Danger High voltage" cover. Each cover is marked with direction for Lock and Unlock.

HID Socket (Locked)

HID Socket (Unlocked)
5. HID Remove the connector for the HID bulb, by twisting counter clockwise 1/4 then pull. You will feel it release from the bulb.

Pull to Remove
6. Pull towards you to reveal the HID bulb.

HID Ground Connection
7. Locate the HID ballast ground connection. Grasp it with your fingers and pull towards you to remove. Let it drop into the headlight.

HID Bulb
8. The bulb is held in place by a metal clip. Squeeze the clip together and pull towards you.

Clip Released
9. Remove the HID bulb by pulling it straight out. Taking care not to touch the bulb with your hands. Set bulb aside.

HID Ballast
10. Remove the four screws (10mm) holding the HID ballast to the base of the headlight housing. Once the screws have been removed, slow pull the ballast away from the housing. The HID socket will have to be rotated slightly to fit through the housing to be removed; otherwise it will get caught on the HID Projector.
11. Remove the rubber gasket that seals the HID ballast to the housing. (Part Number 7). It may be stuck in the groove in the headlight, or connected to the ballast. This gasket is the key to stop the headlights from condensing water. Set aside.
12. To put the back together, do those steps in reverse.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:37 AM

wow, nice writeup
Old 04-06-2003, 10:12 AM

sorry turbo_pwr...even though you replied first....stratocastor helped me in exactly what i needed help on....so the knob is his....thanks for you help anyways.....
Old 04-06-2003, 10:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL man, he must really want that free mugen knob. Nice write up, I'm keeping this post in case I get my real JDM headlights too.
Old 04-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Former Moderator

No problem, I have no interest in the Mugen Knob. My voodoo suits me just fine, hate the stick knobs.. I thought you just wanted to know where part #7 (gasket) went (hence the no need to remove your headlights line).
Old 04-06-2003, 10:43 AM

do youhave a picture of the gasket by any chance?? and how it inserts in there? cause the gasket i recieved is padded on one side with double sided tape....i dont know if it faces inward or outward...

Quick Reply: Free mugen shift knob(silver) for your help