Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Saturday, February 28 - First NTS2KOC Autocross of 2004

Old 02-07-2004, 06:39 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Pre-Registration is required and is now open at http://www.dlbracing.com/nts2koc/
If you have any questions please feel free to PM or e-mail myself or Elistan.

What: NTS2KOC's 2004 Championship Autocross, #1 of 5

When: Saturday, February 28th

Where: Mineral Wells airport. (Click here: vista.pca.org/mav/Autocross/graphics/MineralRingMap.gif for a map.)

Registration: Pre-registration is required and will be limited to 50 drivers. First-come, first-served.

Cost: $30 base price. $5 discount for 2003 NTS2KOC club membership. Club membership forms will be available at the tent and the cost for one year is $35.

Schedule:
6:30am - Course Setup
7:30-9:30am - Registration & Car Prep/Tech
9:30am - Driver's Meeting
9:45am - Parade Lap
10:00am - Session Begins
Noon-1:00pm - Break for Lunch
1:00pm - Session Begins
TBD - Fun Runs (Time Permitting)
Cleanup - Please let an event coordinator know if you cannot stay to help out.

Lunch: There will be a break for lunch. Subway and McDonalds are nearby if you do not want to bring your own. Many times, lunch is also available on site for $5.

Safety: Check your car; make sure it's in excellent condition before arriving at the event. We will have self-tech forms for you to fill out and sign at the event. If you are unable to complete the form we will have a safety tech available to assist you. All forms will be reviewed and signed by the safety tech. You'll need a helmet. Have fun but keep cool - we don't want to become personas non gratas at the site. Especially, we don't want any damage to your car or yourself.

Points: The club will award points during each of the five autocrosses with a final championship being awarded at the end of the season. The cars will be divided into two classes to provide reasonable competition. The default classes are S2000 Street, S2000 Race, Miata Street, Miata Race, Other (Open), and Other R (Open R). (The only differentiation being R-compound tire choice.)

Classification of other models will be based on attendance. A quota of at least five of a particular model is required for points to be awarded at an event. Tire choice will only be a factor if there are five each of street and race tired cars. In order for a championship to be awarded, at least 75% of the events need to meet the quota.

All drivers in attendance will receive at least one point. The points scale will be 9, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1
Old 02-07-2004, 06:51 AM

A few items to note:

-We are using a new and much improved registration site www.dlbracing.com. If you have any problems registering on the site please contact Donovan, the site admin. He will respond promplty.

-At the first event only, we will be offering a 2004 "season pass". The cost for members will be $100 and $120 for non-members (buy 4 get 1 free). We are offering this in an attempt to sooner purchase a Race America digital timing display ($$$$) for your viewing pleasure! We are accepting donations as well.

-The points structure has changed. See above post for info.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woohoo! Can't wait - I still think you guys put on the best autocrosses in North Texas.

Iain
Old 02-07-2004, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool, anyone want to buy me some race tires?

Shall I pay pal the pre-registeration 100 bux or wait till I get there?

Brad
Old 02-07-2004, 06:48 PM

done this morning - although I may not have a reliable car to drive I will still come and work and have a great day
Old 02-08-2004, 06:36 AM

Originally posted by Overboostvr4
Shall I pay pal the pre-registeration 100 bux or wait till I get there?

Brad
Good question. In an attempt to keep it simple and keeping in mind those who do not care for PayPal, etc. we will NOT be collecting any form of pre-pay. That said, we may send out PayPal payment requests to those who pre-register and and are "no shows" for events that meet the 50 driver cap.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:36 PM

All signed up...now I just need to learn how to drive.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:14 PM

I know this is odd to ask but will anyone be driving an automatic on the 28th? My car has recently attained a very bad noise this week (thinking water pump) and i dont think i will be racing it. I will be out there no matter what, helping out and such. But it would be really nice to get some racing action.

I have no real experience with a manual transmission yet, so i dont want to mess up someones car. Just putting this out there in case anyone is willing. THANKS
Old 02-08-2004, 07:44 PM

That's an easy one, enterprise!!
Old 02-09-2004, 07:11 AM

wow.... Gabby got a new car.... nice...

Quick Reply: Saturday, February 28 - First NTS2KOC Autocross of 2004